Here is our new addition. The side of our drive way has been a dirt patch for the last three years. We had to put in our back yard, our neighbor put in his. So, it's just been left. We finally decided to put the concrete in (the city sent us a letter, that helped us make our decision).
Looks great doesn't it? Nice and smooth, extra space for the basketball hoop, a place to keep the garbage cans..
Here's the back of our new addition. Notice anything missing?


When Stephen and I discussed this project, stairs were talked about...at least by me. He claims he has no knowledge we ever discussed stairs. So, this part of the project never made it to the ears of the concrete guy. "Can't you just jump", he says. I picture my 65 yr old mother jumping. Sure, I can jump. It's not very convenient, but I could do it. But why should I? Let's just put in some stairs.
Let me know what your vote is!


7 comments:
Yeah, the stairs are a must. Speaking of stairs, have you ever put stairs in from the top of your deck down to the ground? Something to consider all at once I guess? Cathy, just blog about any other home improvements that you need and we'll rally for you.
Cathy he also put a ske slope in your backyard...you have to win ONE of these yard battles. Jack will be doing face plants off of it. Stephen get the lady some stairs!!!
I do know how to spell ski by the way.
I vote a slide...right into a pool. Now how is that for home improvements?!? ;o)
Corin
Just tell Stephen it's either stairs now or a wheelchair ramp later when you have broken an ankle, knee or hip from falling off of that jump. Or worse, an unsuspecting friend or neighbor not seeing it in the dark. In the meantime, go to home depot, buy bright yellow caution paint and paint that step. That should get him moving. See ya in Vegas!
Yes stairs
I have some of those items...men just think so different from the logical women!
Post a Comment