Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Sam!

Birthday Boy!


Sam is 6 today! I can't believe my Sam is such a big boy. Everyday when he comes home from kindergarten I ask him how his day was at preschool. He says "moooooommmmm". Oops, I have a hard time remembering how big he is. He has been my baby for the last 5 years.
We had a fun family party on Saturday, and celebrated his birthday with Jack and his cousin Emma.

Some interesting facts about Sam:
-I regularly find my bathroom sinks full of water with a wash cloth floating in it.
-A few days ago I tried to go in my room, it was locked, the door into my bathroom was locked, and the door into the potty room was locked...guess who....arrgh!
-He loves to hide.
-He is very lovable.
-99% of his friends are girls...and he loves it.
-He only wears plaid shorts.
-Today at church he told me, "mom, I stole some of your gum (out of my bag). I knew you would say yes, you always say yes." what can I say to that?
-He loves to organize all the stuff on my bathroom counter.
-He is Jack's hero. Jack will follow him anywhere. He is so happy when he comes home from school.
-If I can't find him in the house..it's time to start worrying about what he's getting into.
-He is sassy.
-His best friend is a monkey


-He only eats cereal, ravioli's, ramen and pizza
-His favorite shows are Clifford and Syd the Science Kid

Despite all his mischievous tricks, we love Sam. He is full of fun and smiles. He always wants to play. He is a good friend. He is caring.

The cutest thing he has said recently...
We said, "Sam, what would you like for your birthday?" He said," I want a light sketcher and I want my Grandpa back. I miss him. He was fun." Poor little guy. He has a tender heart.

We love you Sam. Have a wonderful birthday!

A walk down memory lane....



2 months





6 months



1 year


two





three


four



five

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Ohhh, that was cute what he said about Dad. Love "his best friend is a monkey." So cute. Happy Birthday Sam!!

Anonymous said...

Cute. A couple of times a week Tyler says "mom do you miss grandpa?" When i answer yes he says "me too". Anyway... Happy Birthday Sam!!!

pinkelephant said...

Happy birthday Sam. You have been a great friend to my little girl. After all, you are the first friend she made here! Congratulations.

Tera said...

We all need to stop blinking this kid is getting to grown up for his own good. I guess time flies when you are having fun. I haven't tackled the bread, but I am so excited to try it. THANK YOU!!