Friday, May 30, 2008

No more pencils, no more books......

A little High School Musical II

What time is it?
Summertime
It's our vacation
What time is it?
Party time
That's right, say it loud

What time is it?
The time of our lives
Anticipation
What time is it?
Summertime
School's out, scream and shout!


It's been one crazy week, but school is finally over!


The kids have a dance festival every year, where all the grades perform a different dance. It's always fun to watch. We had front row seats this year!

Sam and buddies checking out the dance festival


Abby getting down to High School Musical


Mambo #5
A little bit.....


After the dance festival it's on to field day. Two hours of non-stop games!

The next day (Thursday) was Syd's 6th grade celebration. They had a graduation ceremony in the morning followed by a day of fun! Snow cone machines, cotton candy, dunk tank, slip and slide. The morning started out cold but it warmed up. Syd even went in the dunk tank! She came home shivering.

Friday was the last day! The kids went to school for exactly 1 1/2 hours and than they went home. I have no idea why they do this on the last day. The cost of running all the buses must be enormous.

Abby's class, say cheese!


Syd and her teacher, Mrs. O'very


We were sneaky this year and met the kids at the bus stop with buckets full of water balloons. And silly string.

Getting ready!


The poor, unsuspecting children


Let's get 'em!


I'm looking forward to a great summer. No more piano lessons, cello, ballet, gymnastics, track, school plays, or preschool!
Hopefully our days will be full of fun fun fun! And please, no fighting!

You may notice that Max is missing from this whole post. He went to yearbook day on Wednesday. Called twice to come home because it was boring. He ended up walking with his friend to Wendy's when we wouldn't come and pick him up.
He didn't go to school on Thursday (activity day). I have no idea what they do on this day, but according him, it is boring.
Of course he didn't go to school today (Friday). How uncool would that be? He heard from a friend that the kids who did go were put in the gym and told to play tag for 1 1/2 hours. What???

2 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like feild day was a blast! I wish I could have seen those kids get bombarded with water balloon!... Your kids are adorable!

Jessica said...

What a fun (and busy) week! You are such a fun mom--I'm already dreading all the fighting--soo pessimistic, I need to catch some of your enthusiasm & get with it! This summer is gonna rock!!!!! (How was that? A little too much? Ok, I'll tone it down a little) By the way, how old is Sydney's teacher? She looks about 15! Or maybe I'm just getting old! I guess I AM the same age as Sebastien's 5th grade teacher--so sad!