Friday, May 16, 2008

Arrrgggghhhh!

I was happily doing my laundry today when I came upon this mess. This is the third time this has happened in the last year. The culprit, Sam, put his shorts in the laundry with a WHOLE PACK OF GUM (15 pieces) in them. Now, I always explain to the children, anything I find in their pockets is mine. So, they are usually very good about emptying them. But, as Sam is only 5, I should have been more aware. Gum everywhere.....On all the clothes....little pieces of gum. I had to pick it all off before I could put them in the dryer.

Little pieces of gum and paper everywhere


A small section of the bottom of my washer


The pile

8 comments:

Shauna said...

I'm sorry to report that I'm laughing. Why this is funny to me I don't know why. I live how you captioned that one picture "the pile".

Shauna said...

loved, I loved it. Not "lived" it. Sheesh.

Lauriann said...

OH, what a mess. Is that what I'm in for with boys?
I still find weird stuff that I've washed from Perry's pants. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Cathy...i feel your pain!!! I haven't done a whole pack before but 2-3 pieces. It's so annoying. I've also done chapstick and crayons. It's all bad!!!!

Caitlin said...

Doing laundry for Landen is comparable to Sam. He ruined an ENTIRE load of whites by running a black pen through with them. I've also had gum and chapstick.

Kristin said...

Yep. Jay throws his pants into the laundry "whole". Full of pens, coins, receipts, cash, movie stubs, you name it. My biggest haul was once $5 between bills and coins.I've re-washed many a load on account of the pens.

Add my chapstick, gum and tissues, and our laundry is a serious nightmare.

Karyn said...

At least the gum didn't make it to the dryer before you caught it...I do hate it when things like that happen, though!

Tera said...

Hee Hee Hee!! Isn't motherhood fun?? It is a good thing you are such a great one, or life wouldn't be near as much much!