Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Blessings in disguise...

There I am sitting in sacrament meeting on Sunday and Jack starts getting fussy. I search frantically through the diaper bag and realize I forgot to bring the formula. Ugh! Normally this wouldn't be much of a problem, but Stephen is gone to another ward, and I happened to pick that day to walk to church. As I sit there feeding Jack water I think, what should I do, I'm so dumb, I can't believe I forgot the formula etc. My choices are, hold out until Stephen gets there and have him drive me home, walk home with Jack, or find someone to take me home. In the middle of a talk, I jump up and run over to my friend Natalie and ask her if she'll drive me home. She's all for it, such a good friend! I get home, run in the bathroom to grab the formula and notice that my flat iron is still on, and it has a towel over it. Sorry Stephen, I didn't tell you that part! I immediately unplug it and fling the hot towel off of it. I have all the thoughts run through my head of what would of happened...like my house burning to the ground.

I'm just thankful I forgot the formula that morning...Heavenly Father must have been watching out for us. And I'm sorry I grumbled about the whole thing. You never know what blessing will come as the result of a dumb mistake.


Here's a few pictures just for fun

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- thats a cool story. I think you for sure could have come home to a problem. Congrats on your forgetfulness that day!!

Shauna said...

Ooooo, he's adorable. I love the black and white. The amazing thing here is that the formula was in the bathroom. Is it slways in there? Thank goodness you forgot!

Cathy said...

Well..we keep a can in our bathroom for those late night feedings:)

crystal said...

Argh! Can you believe that?! A similar thing happened to me with Max's nightlight: I happened to come back home for something I forgot, which was up in his room, and the nightlight had been left on and was burning a hole into the drywall!!! Your "blessings in disguise" is RIGHT ON, SISTA!

And just FYI, please grab me from sacrament anytime and put me out of my misery with Mimi. She's a handful.

crystal said...

And those photos of Baby Jack are adorable! He's such a Mini-Max!