2 1/2 years ago when we made the big move across the country, I unpacked my things and realized I had a big mess on my hands. I just shoved it in the closet and went on with my life.


A few days ago I pulled it out, and to my disappointment the mess was still there. How come no one had cleaned this up!
When we moved, I asked my friend Collette :) how she moved her candles across the country. I know it's kind of a silly question, but it's hot in the back of the truck, and I didn't want them to melt. She told me hers were fine and it wasn't a problem. So, I packed up all my candles in a plastic bin (those who helped unpack our truck know I love these things), and placed it carefully in the back of the boat we were pulling across the country. Part of our trip included staying two days in St. Louis :). St. Louis in July is not a place you want to stay for long. It was very hot and humid. I didn't even think about the candles the whole time. A few days later, as I unpacked, I realized candles and hot sun do not mix.
So, the moral of this little story is never put candles in the back of a boat, and hiding them in the closet for 2 years waiting for the candle fairy to come just doesn't work. Sigh!


2 comments:
Sounds like something I would do. I am great at hiding messes for later...
Hi Kathy! Found you through Karen's blog. :)
A similar thing happened to me. I had Christmas candles in our garage, and they've been fine all these years there, but that really hot summer we had the summer before last, melted them all crooked.
What a view from your deck! I'm jealous. We had a nice view for a year till the homes were built across the street. We can still see the temple, but they've planted trees right in front, so that in ten years it will be completely blocked. Perry says by then maybe we'll be able to buy a home on the other side of the street with all the gorgeous views. :)
glad I found you. I'll check in often.
my blog is at lauriannwakefield.typepad.com
Post a Comment