Monday, February 25, 2008

My kids can't believe....

Jackson loves this stuff!


Admist all the ewwws! from the other kids, Jack has been enjoying his cereal. He is definitely a cereal boy. He has been looking at our food with tears in his eyes for the last month, so I finally gave in and broke out the cereal after our trip.

We haven't gotten around to actually finding and washing down the highchair yet, so he just eats in his walker. Sometimes I realize as I'm feeding him, that Jackson is 2 feet away. He has been quietly scooting away the whole time. I have to haul him back and start again.

Mom, can I have some more....we already said the prayer, right?


Shauna, I have not gotten a reply to my counter question. How does it feel to be reprimanded in someone else's blog? So, where did you get the cool counter?

Here's a funny story....on the way home from Anne's rockin' 1 year old party. We ran over some random thing on the freeway. As it banged against the underside of our car, it also sliced the back tire. So, after we got over the scare of hey, why is our car making a LOUD banging noise, we had to face the question of, why is our tire making a weird flapping noise. Stephen drives for a while trying to find a good place to pull off the freeway (there are none). Finally we make it to 900 W on the outskirts of SLC. As we gratefully pull into the Mexican supermarket parking lot, I'm thinking, hey, I bet we can come here for some good Mexican food. The next thing we know a cop pulls up and comes over to us. He stands guard over us the whole time. According to him this is the worst area in SLC. We are smack in the middle of Rosepark. I inform him we used to live in Rosepark, like we're used to this, this is no big deal. Stephen quickly lets him know that we lived there a looong time ago. The cop is not phased and continues to quietly ( he would have no part of my repeated questions) stand guard, and I might add, doesn't lift a finger to help us change the tire. Well, he did shine a flashlight at us the whole time. Stephen was a champ, (but I wouldn't apply to Nascar just yet), and with my expert help (I had to do the same thing while driving down Ogden Canyon) we are on our way.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Sorry Cathy! I forgot you had even asked. Go to my blog and under the counter it says "free counter". Click on that. If you need help figuring it out, call me. And by the way, everytime YOU go to your blog, it counts as a hit. So, I have 300 something, but really it's probably more in the 200's. Cute pics of Jack. He's so big. Who's Anne?

Anonymous said...

would that be one of the tires Stephen had just put air in minutes before? Glad we didn't run over the random thing since we were ahead of you!!:)

Caitlin said...

Rosepark is really scary! When did you guys live there?

Cathy said...

Sorry, Annie's rockin' birthday. Yes, I believe it was one of the tires Stephen filled. We lived in Rosepark for a total of three months. After we purchased a condo there, we found out we were moving to Ohio. It's kind of fun to comment on your own blog!