Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fun in Florida

The pool........it was super warm. 90 degrees. I love getting into a warm pool

Max won the swimming races, even against the adults!



Jack and Abby
Max, Abby, and Syd
The kids had fun on these floating things

So did Stephen

The games..... This was my favorite part. The hotel employed a man that had the job of thinking up activities for my kids. They loved it. They were able to win a lot of ice cream and drinks, and even some money.


water balloon dunk
Syd got it!
Syd was the limbo champion....really!

Abby playing fill the bucket game


Syd helping Sam fill the balloon. There was a little needle on the red part that popped the balloon. Cool, huh?
Sam playing ring the bell...he needed a little help, but he did it! The kids won a quarter every time they rang the bell (maximum 2)!


The beach...the water was a little chilly, I only put my toes in, but there were a lot of old people out there swimming. There were some interesting sites on the beach...as this is a family friendly blog you'll have to e-mail me for the details.


Jackson's first beach experience





Syd and Abby soakin up the rays



Ahhhhh!


Stephen and Jack taking a break in the hammock

Don't you just love this one of Sam?



Me and Jack, don't you love his rash guard?



Sam really loved the maids. One day the maid put Bubba (Sam's monkey) on the bed with Abby's blanket folded neatly under it. Sam thought this was the greatest thing ever, and talked about it all the time. "Mom, I really like maids, we need a maid". I told him we already had one...me. I'm not quite as fun I guess.

Everyone loved Jack. I think we were quite the spectacle with our 5 kids. Random people would just come up to us and talk about their grandchildren or whip out their pictures. One time Stephen and I were on a crowded elevator with Jack and everyone just watched him and tried to talk to him. He was good at giving big smiles.

All in all it was a great trip. We even survived with only a fridge and microwave for a week. I didn't realize all the food that was out there that could be cooked in a microwave.


No comments: