Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Florida!

Going from this.....





to this......

Well, we're headed out tomorrow. 5 kids, 5 bags, a stroller, two carseats, 6 carry on bags, and only 2 adults! This is making me tired. Back when we had Abby, we declared, Well, that's it for travelling. How can we buy any more plane tickets or travel with more kids? We keep on doing it, I'm not sure if we're crazy or what. Sometimes after I pack my whole house, fly on a plane for 6-8 hours, and upack it again in an unfamiliar spot I ask myself, why??? Hopefully the kids will remember the GREAT time they had and talk about it the rest of their lives. Ha! Ha!
Like when I remind Max, Syd or Abby about their trip to the Bahamas or Disney. They have a glimmer of a recollection. That is money and time well spent I tell you. But, you can't wait until they're grown to go. The time goes too fast, and we are always too busy. So, you have to take the fun when you can get it, and hope somewhere in their subconscious there's a memory. You also have to hope it doesn't come out during some psychiatric session when they're 30......

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Seriously! When I pack us up to go somewhere, I pack the kitchen sink too. The worst part is that most of it is overpacking. Best of luck to you. Take lots of good pics. Like maybe Sam in a leopard skin speedo....

crystal said...

I tell my kids all the time, "I'll pay for your therapy when you're older." Your last sentence made me think of that. Have a great trip!

Tera said...

You are awesome. The only thing that could make your trip better would be sharing it with equally crazy friends. If you ever need us man we are so ready to jump aboard. I admire your determination and skill, 5 bags is impressive!! Have fun and soak up some rays for me.