Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sam's Baptism

What a great day! Sam's baptism was wonderful. We had it on a Sunday (Sept. 26) with just our family and friends.
Sam's primary teacher, Max Peterson gave the opening prayer, Lauren played the piano (she was awesome and I so appreciate all she did), Grandma Kimball gave the talk on baptism, we had a musical number with Sam's cousins, siblings, and friends, Grandma Erickson gave a talk on the Holy Ghost and gave Sam a fun little box of things to remind him of what the Holy Ghost does for him, we had the baptism and confirmation, closing song and I said the prayer.
Our families came and so many of Sam's friends. It was just wonderful! We had some cake and yummy desserts after the program and then cleaned up and went home.

Sam and dad


Sam


The pictures I took for his baptism invitation.



Sam realizing that he will now need to start fasting on Fast Sunday.



Bishop and Max


Friends


I forgot to get a picture before I cut it....


More friends and family


The girls


I'm so grateful to everyone who helped set up, participated in the program, brought treats, helped clean up and just came! And thanks to my sweet friend Caroline-without her I wouldn't have any pictures!

No comments: