Thursday, September 30, 2010

I love this lake!

We had another great time at the lake this year. We go every year after July 24. I love this family tradition!

Max's friend, Mason


Max, catching some air. He also drives the boat..which makes me slightly nervous.


Our friends brought this great float. We put it out on the lake and the kids had a great time playing, floating and jumping on it.

The DuJardins. They come every year..and we love it!


Syd and Brynn


More Max


We found this great little BBQ place across the lake. I thought it was pretty good. Jack and Sam some posing on the bear out front.

I was able to try surfing this year. I had never done it, and was a little chicken. But one of my friends encouraged me to do it, so I gave it a try. It was fun! I remember sitting in the water with my feet just sitting on the surf board and a rope in my hand thinking, there is no way I'm going to get myself up on this surfboard. My feet aren't even strapped to anything. But it is easier than it looks. I got up, but I couldn't get the board in the right place to let go of the rope and just surf. But, it was fun and I'm up for trying again.
We had a couple of windy nights this year. Stephen, Max and Mason had to go down a couple of times and anchor the boat really well. This involved diving in and adjusting the anchor in the dark and wind. Stephen lost his shoes. We think they blew into the lake! He had to go for a couple of days without shoes.
One night we went to visit our friends at the campground. It's just next door and an easy walk. We sent the kids over first, it was dark , and Stephen and I followed a few minutes later. Stephen still had no shoes, so he was stepping on all kinds of stuff in the dark. Well, we finally found them, but the kids were still wandering around. Thank goodness for cell phones! We all found each other and had a great time making smores.
I love the little town that surrounds the lake. I tried to talk Stephen into buying me a little house with some property so I can have my farm..but with it being 2 hours away..it's not very realistic. Darn it!

No comments: