Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Walk a thon

I always love to go to the walk a thon at my kids' school. The kids walk/run as many laps as they can and then collect money for their school.
This year Jack and I went and decided to forget the stroller. The stroller is too hard to push in the grass anyway. Jack did really well..about 8 laps-pretty close to 2 miles.


He also did a lot of this...investigating the rope and the grass.


And a lot of poking things through the fence...


Abby with her friend Abby T. She did awesome


Sam with his lap card and trusty water bottle. Great job Sam!


Jack also did a lot of this...the school just got in a new load of woodchips. He played on the playground and rolled around in the wood chips. When the kids came out for recess he had a great time running all over with big kids he didn't even know. He's such a friendly guy. He didn't even mind when they buried him up to his chest in the wood chips. I looked over and couldn't believe it. He was having a grand time, but his shoe got lost in the wood chips, and he was covered..they were even in his diaper...watch for slivers! I took him right home for a bath.


No comments: