Monday, April 5, 2010

Abby's debut in the play..Tom Sawyer

Abby did such an amazing job as a Becky's Belle in her school play, " Tom Sawyer". She was one busy girl. Many practices, sometimes twice a week for 1-2 hours. She balanced all this with homework, tutoring, dance, activity days, and playing with friends. Some days were crazy! She had to learn two dance numbers, and her places in the scenes. Also, when to say hmmp and toss her hair at Tom. The show played 4 nights and 2 matinees. She missed the last night because she had an Irish Dance recital the same night.
I made Abby's dress! Yes, me. I even put a zipper in. I also started it about 4 days before she needed it. I love being able to take yards of fabric and turn it into something. I think it is an amazing thing. I just need a little more practice...



Opening night!


No comments: