Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I am so proud of my kids! (and me)

In Feb. I attended the Womens Ski Clinic at one of the local resorts. I went every Tuesday. It was a lot of fun. Myself another lady were the only ones in the group. It was really great and we had a fun instructor. We learned a lot and he got us to the back side of the resort and had us going down the blue runs!

OK, this isn't really me..but it's so much more interesting with pictures!
I really did look
like this! :)


After I had taken 2 lessons I decided it would be fun to bring Abby, Sam and Syd up to ski too. The kids missed school and I put them in lessons. Abby skiing, Sam snowboarding, and Syd skied with Stephen. The kids were excited and did really well in their lessons. After lessons were over Stephen and I took the kids up to take another run down the mountain. Well, things didn't go very well and it was pretty frustrating because I knew the kids could do it. Sometimes when they get with mom and dad they act differently than they would for someone else. That first day I think we all went home frustrated.


The next Tues. (my last lesson) I took the kids up with me and put them all in lessons again. I wasn't sure if they were excited about the lessons or excited about missing school. Abby skied again, Sam snowboarded and Syd took a snowboarding lesson. After my lesson all the ladies were treated to a yummy buffet at one of the swanky restaurants at the resort, this topped of a great month of skiing! After lunch the kids and I went up so we could take a couple of runs before we went home. They did really well! We had a little trouble getting off the lift, but after that it was all down hill (ha!) Syd did great after having only one lesson on the snowboard. She was going down pretty well. Sam and Abby just flew down. I was so impressed! I can't wait to take them up again.

3 comments:

pinkelephant said...

Wow! What a woman! Sounds like your family have one more family activity to enjoy- that's GREAT!!!

Darah said...

Cute! That definitely looks like a fun time. I'm so intimidated because the first/last time I went, I fell off the ski lift at the top and it hit me in the shoulder. I was so embarrassed.

Cathy said...

Oh Darah..that is too funny! I'll tell you what I did on Friday!