Things started to break down kid wise in the mini van and the dvd player had blown a fuse. But, Stephen pulled a McGuyver move and got the dvd player back in working order with an aluminum gum wrapper. My jaw dropped. I love that man!
We spent 4 days on Long Island visiting Stephen's mom. Stephen took us around to all the fun places he enjoyed growing up. His old house, the harbor, favorite pizza place, high school, cute little towns, beaches. The kids loved it.
A couple of the kids stayed with grandma..but the rest of us stayed in a very nice..but very small motel. Stephen in one twin bed with Sam, me in another twin bed with Abby..and Jack in a crib. Stephen and I didn't get much sleep for a few days. But...we were having fun, darn it! :)
Just a little side note..I was so impressed with this little motel. When they found out we were coming and bringing a baby they cleaned the carpets and the drapes. They had a great breakfast every morning and the owner was always around making sure that everything was Ok. It was a great place.
Jones Beach


Jones Beach

Jones Beach

Northport Harbor

Northport
Cold Spring Harbor
Coindre Hall
This is an interesting place. An old mansion from the Gold Coast era. This picture is the boathouse-located right on the bay. The mansion is now a museum-and a dog park--strange! But beautiful with sweeping lawns all the way to the ocean. I planned on getting a picture of the mansion..but it was pouring rain on our way back.

Huntington Beach
Kids waiting in the pouring rain while Stephen ran to get the car. We were all soaked!
Kids waiting in the pouring rain while Stephen ran to get the car. We were all soaked!

Grandma's house
Jack had fun chasing and stabbing everyone with his stick.

My b-day party
Stephen's mom made a very delicious chocolate cake for my birthday. I'm still thinking about those left overs in the fridge.





3 comments:
MMMMmmmm,Southdown Kitchen!
I'm crying! I really am. I'm swallowing a huge lump of nostalgia. I'm insanely jealous. I don't realize how badly I miss home until I see pictures of it. I'd kill for a slice of that pizza! Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
Haven't seen Stephen like that. He looks so satisfied! Sounds like you had a fun and memorable adventure. I bet this is one of the trips that your kids will talk about when you all get together for family reunion when they are older;-) No, you don't have to think about it now! hehe
Post a Comment