Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy 2nd birthday Jack!

Jack makes all of our lives so much fun! We love our little guy so much.

Jack loves cars. He puts them into 3 categories. Police cars, race cars, and whoas'. A police car could be any kind of car-especially taxis (we found this out in NYC), but to him it's a police car. A race car is anything he decides isn't a police car. A whoa is any large vehicle. Truck, semi, UPS truck, tractor, garbage truck..you get the idea. As we drive down the road we have to look for them and point them out at all times. I get this.."mamma", "mamma" until I acknowledge the whoa or police car or fire truck.
This brings up another point. The difference between a police car, a fire truck and an ambulance. When Jack sees one, he will go woo woo woo (think the sound a police car makes) until you acknowledge what he sees. If you name a police car, but he is really looking at a fire truck you will continue to hear the woo woo until you name the correct emergency vehicle. He has one sound for them all..but to him they are completely different. If he could only talk...


newborn Jack


10 months

Today we had playgroup at a local splash park. I just brought treats and called it Jack's b-day party. He had so much fun. I couldn't get him to leave. That boy could go all day.






Every time I saw him he was trying to drink the water. Sometimes he would just lay face down in the water and open his mouth.



Fire truck cake. What else? He loved it! As soon as he saw it he went woo woo:)

Blowing out the candles

Jack's best friend. They joined us for dinner and cake.


presents


great shot!


Jack and Bella

4 comments:

Kristin said...

He's a cutie! Happy birthday Jack!!

Yo said...

Great job on the cake! I am inspired.

J said...

What a cute and busy boy! Love the cake, I like making fun birthday cakes, I think it's more fun for me.

pinkelephant said...

Happy Birthday Jack! I love his newborn photo. He has grown so much! The cake looks GREAT Cathy!! Congratulations.