Monday, April 27, 2009

Surprise!

We had a fun surprise b-day party for Stephen on Sat. Apr. 25. It was a lot of fun..and I think he was surprised!


He's pointing right at me. I think I'm in trouble when it's my 40th...but that is at least 10 years away!




Thanks to all the friends and family who came. It was really fun. They sang happy birthday when he walked in the door.


A few friends and family


Blowing out the candle..I just couldn't put 40 on there.



Birthday Boy!


I couldn't have pulled it off without Jenny, Cait, and Michele taking him to dinner (also a surprise) and Kevin, Landen, Jay, Kristin, and Michael helping set up, running around picking things up for me, and taking my kids to dinner. Also everyone who made desserts, and my neighbor Christy..who let me store everything in her fridge!
And also a big thanks to my kids who kept the secret, cleaned the house, delivered invitations, and made the dvd slide show. Thanks guys!

Wow! I feel like I just gave an award show speech.


3 comments:

pinkelephant said...

Happy 40th!!! He looked happy and surprised... So, 10yrs from now, huh. I hope he doesn't ask "do you want flower or anything for your birthday?" like my husband did once;-)

DVD slide show?? Was it a family thing? I don't remember seeing any! We would have LOVED to see it, esp. his photo in Italy! You know which one I am talking about. You did a great job. Everyone had an excellent time!

Shauna said...

So sad I missed this. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I'll make it to his 50th which is really just right around the corner:)

Yo said...

Good times! I can't believe you surprised him - I thought for sure he would have suspected something. Thanks for including us:)