Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Memorial Day
I took Jack, Sydney and Abby to the Memorial Day Program. Max, Sam, and Stephen went and helped Grandma Kimball move.
First we went to the fire station for the pancake breakfast. The line was so long! We decided to go over to McDonalds instead. We had a good breakfast and then went over to the park and played while we waited for the program to start.
I like making this a Memorial Day tradition. I hope my kids will remember and be thankful for the sacrifices many men and women have made in their behalf. The part that really gets me teary-eyed is when the band plays the song for all the branches of the military and the men and women stand. One older man stood up four times! He had served in all the branches.
We played at the house the rest of the day. Stephen and I went for a bike ride around the lake, until both of his tires went flat and I had to ride back and get the car. We went to the gym and then went to the grocery store to stock up on all the donuts you can fit in a box for 3.49 and all the bread you can fit in a bag for 1.99. Good thing we exercised!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment