Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Dirty Dash

I have so many posts that I need to catch up on.

September 25, 2011

Myself and a group of ladies did the Dirty Dash 10k! It was hard, but in a way ,easier than I thought it would be.

We started out early Sat. morning in our Cedar Hills Hotties shirts. Molly designed and printed these! We were going for an 80's theme with our sweat bands, blue eye shadow, big socks, side pony tails, and big hair. Michelle's stayed big the entire time!

Keeley, Darci, Meredith, Molly, Yolanda, Michelle, Me, and Marissa. Also Zonda and Hayley but they took off before we could get their picture.

The mud was cold!! We were running, jumping over hay bales, jumping into huge mud pits and swimming through, going in tunnels, climbing rope ladders over pirate ships, slogging through Deer Creek. It was fun! In addition to the cold mud they had big water fans blowing at us part of the time. The water was freezing and it stung when it touched you. But, you wanted to go in because you were so muddy!

This is the end. Right before this picture we were jumping off the trail into chest deep water and mud.







Our current Relief Society Presidency. Molly, me, Yolanda, and Darci.

Afterward we showered off as best we could in freezing cold water (I couldn't duck my head under the shower-too cold!). Stephen brought up towels for me to wrap up in and we drove home. He chose that day to drive the convertible up to pick me up. I shivered the whole way home. I've never been so grateful for a warm shower. I threw my clothes in the washer and had to run them through 3 times to get them clean. The water in the washer was pure mud!
I also learned not to wear jean shorts! I'm so glad I didn't, but I saw people trying to run and their shorts were so wet and heavy they could barely keep them on.

No comments: