Friday, December 17, 2010

Visit with Santa

We visited Santa at the local mall last weekend, but while standing in line I noticed that you are no longer allowed to take pictures with your own camera. What? Apparently the Santa company doesn't make enough money, so now if you would like a picture with Santa you have to pay some outrageous price. I'm sending in a complaint.
Anyway, we did stand in a 45 min. line for the kids to see Santa and get their free sucker. I was disappointed and left thinking that this was the only year we wouldn't have a picture with Santa...depressing.

I found out a local outdoor mall would be having Santa, carriage rides and a car display from the Porsche/Audi dealership where one of our friends works. Fun and all free!
We waited in a short line to see Santa. We took many pictures, with our own camera. The kids received a treat.


Abby would like an ipod and a video camera. Santa just looked at me. I just shrugged my shoulders.


Sam would like an ipod, phone, and any other electronic device out there. Another look from Santa.


Jack wanted 2 garbage trucks and 2 bulldozers. Two, so he can share one with Sam. Isn't that sweet? A nice smile from Santa.


Carriage ride with our friends.


Sitting in (I believe) the Audi from Iron Man 2. Apparently this is the only orange one in the world. The salesmen were hovering around like crazy, so there would be no damage to the car. It was already sold for something like 200,000. Crazy!

There is a fun little toy store at the mall. It has a lot of the old candy we (meaning Stephen and I, the old ones) used to eat as kids. Jack spent his time with the large construction vehicles. And Stephen was able to buy his 2.00 Grape Ne hi.

Abby with the Afro. We should seriously look into this for Halloween.


Sam

cool sunglasses

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did we miss Santa at that mall? I wonder if he is still there? I love that you said "the Santa company". That's funny. Oh, and my niece (on L's side) wants an iPad for Christmas so don't feel bad about the electronics your kids are asking for! :)By the way, she's only 10.

ckm said...

That is SO true ... the Santa Company. I found a local place with free Santa pictures ... so next week we will hit that venue. I don't want to pay an outrageous price for a Santa picture. Although I did almost 3 years ago and it was priceless. Kendall crying reaching towards me (out of the way of the photo). That was worth it.