The first two weeks were VERY stressful as we got used to how things worked and the kids settled into school. The school was brand new and wasn't ready to open when they did, but they had no choice. As the school worked things out, and the kids worked things out, it started to get better.
Even now (Oct. 13) we are still learning. The kids seem to like it. They have made new friends. Some of their friends have left and gone back to the public school. Some teachers have left. Abby and Sam will be put in math and reading classes according to ability. This is why we have stayed. I'm just watching and waiting to see if this all works out. If the school is able to deliver all that it has promised it will be wonderful. But I know it will take time and patience.
The best part for Abby...she gets a locker! She was thrilled. We had to go right out to Justice that same night and purchase all the locker decor her friends have. She had very specific needs: a rug on the bottom, white board with marker, magnets made out of bottle caps, pictures of Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez, candy and gum.
And Sam..that guy could make friends with a fence post! He has already made many friends and occasionally will come home with girls' phone numbers...yes concern for the future.
I think it will work out. As I went to parent/ teacher conference last night I still had a good feeling about the school. As I talked with the teachers it was plain to see we were all still learning, but I have a good feeling so we are going to stick with it.



No comments:
Post a Comment