Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy 16th Birthday Max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX! WE LOVE YOU!

This is Max modeling the climbing rope he received for Christmas.


So, I'm a little late getting this one out...but I wanted to include all the pictures.

The kids and I went over to the school the afternoon before Max's b-day and decorated his locker. We put up balloons, crepe paper, signs, and left some treats in his locker.





We also put up signs in the hallway leading up to his locker, and on the front door.

I knew this would embarrass him, but I didn't realize he wouldn't even open his locker to get his treats. I get a text during the day that says..mom, the twins (twin girls he knows) decorated my locker. I said, are you sure..did you look inside? He texts back...I knew you did it. He wouldn't set foot by his locker, and he paid his friend to take down all the decorations the next day. Silly boy!
I just had to make his 16 th birthday something fun. He had a swim meet after school and it was Mutual night and they were having a birthday party for him. I knew we wouldn't really get to do much for him on his birthday.

Sunday was the family party. Here he is blowing out the candles on his grasshopper ice cream cake.



The most exciting birthday present was getting his braces off! Hooray!


Look at those straight pearly whites! Max didn't realize getting his braces off would involve a lifetime of retainer wearing. Ugh! I don't think that sounds fun either..but I guess you do what you need to do to have straight teeth.

2 comments:

pinkelephant said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Sounds like he had a great birthday :) Can't believe he is already 16 though... he has grown into such a great young man! So sweet! I bet you are so proud of him. You are a wonderful mom!

Darah said...

Wow, 16 years old? That is so crazy, and that was so cute that you all decorated his locker...even if it wasn't for him:-) He'll look back on it and laugh one day.