Friday, August 29, 2008

The Highs and the lows of the last 2 weeks

The kids started school last week. Max started 9th grade, Syd 7th, Abby 4th, and Sam kindergarten. Is this a high or a low, I'm not sure.


He looks really ecstatic, I know. One more year and he'll be in high school.


Starting junior high was really fun for Syd. She loved it. She also loved me taking a picture of her right in front of the school and offering to walk her in.



Abby denies liking school one bit. But, she is excited to go everyday, go figure.

Everyday Sam says he doesn't like kindergarten...but it sure seem like he has fun. The bus is the highlight of the day.



Here he is with 2 of his best buds.



Jack is a little lonely now that the kids are gone. He likes to fill his day with things like wrestling with the vacuum, pulling all books off the shelf, pulling all things out of the cupboards, eating mulch and dirt, showing us how well he walks, taking naps, drooling, making diaper changing an Olympic sport and keeping mom company.


Now to the sad portion....
We lost Stephen's dad on Aug. 18, the kids first day of school. I put some happy things first because I know grandpa doesn't want us to be sad, and he would get a kick out of the fun the kids are having.



E. Kent Kimball
January 08, 1941 ~ August 18, 2008
Much loved husband and father, E. Kent Kimball, died Monday, August 18, 2008 at his home in Sandy, Utah, as a result of heart failure. He was born January 8, 1941 in Salt Lake City, Utah to Ernest Coulam Kimball and Belle Dorius Kimball.
Kent is survived by his wife, Carol Nemelka Kimball; his two sisters, Kay McBeth and Marilyn McKenna; his children, Kristin Kimball (Jay), Stephen Kimball (Cathy), Michele Amis (Kevin), Shauna Griffiths (Matthew), Jenny Slabaugh (Michael), Caitlin Roundy (Landen), and his 15 grandchildren, all of whom he loved and adored very much.
A private Memorial Service was held for Kent at his home in Sandy, Wednesday, August 20, 2008, attended by his family and close friends. His burial was at Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park. Condolences may be offered at Larkincares.com.
We love and miss you, Dad!

It was a sad week for all of us. Even though we have the gospel in our lives and know we will see grandpa again...it is sad to know he won't be at the next family birthday party or be coming over to go golfing. I guess we just miss him, and it's a long time to wait to see him again.


A a few more funny pictures.



We have an older neighbor, and I think she just purchased this riding lawnmower. Not sure why, because the lawns here are a little on the small side. But, she came riding down the street yesterday offering the kids rides. Some of the neighborhood kids are in the back with Abby. She also gave Sam and some of his friends a ride. I'm not sure it was very safe...but they had a blast.


Sam and friends at the farm at Thanksgiving Point.

4 comments:

ckm said...

I'm so sorry about your sad news. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I do not look forward to that part of life - saying goodbye to loved ones, but it is a step we must all go through and thankfully not alone. Hugs
Corin

Tera said...

I am so sorry for your loss! I loved how you are still working so hard to find the good in life. I am sure you all make your dad/grandpa proud. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

crystal said...

I'm sorry to hear about Stephen's dad. It is a long wait to see our loved ones again. I'll say a little prayer for your family tonight :)

Jessica said...

So sorry to hear about your father. Good luck keeping up with all your kids' school things!