Monday, April 28, 2008

1st annual BYU alumni track meet

We had a great time last Friday hanging out at the alumni track meet. Stephen ran the 100m, coming in 2nd. He also ran the 4x100 relay. His team came in 2nd! Soooo close to 1st. He also threw something (Stephen can add in what it's called). We watched all the old boys run and than had a yummy BBQ dinner sponsored by Gymboree.


Getting ready to run the relay

Stephen 2nd from the left, running in the 100m.



Phew!


I need to add...Stephen participated in the hammer throw (that was the throwing thingy). He had never done this before and took 3rd place. Isn't he just so strong....!

6 comments:

Shauna said...

That's awesome! Way to go Stephen. You make me proud. Glad you had fun. I'll only know you love my girls if you comment on my blog. Until then I guess I'll never know.

Anonymous said...

Wow Stephen....looks like you've still got it.....good job!

Kristin said...

Stephen, you studmuffin, you! I was excited to hear from Jay that you were running in this meet. I also thought it was this coming weekend and was going to send you some words of encouragement. Looks like you did fine on your own.

Kristin said...

Hey Stephen!

What was your 100m time? Did you pull anything that would come in handy later on? We are VERY impressed you threw dah hammar... That takes some real talent [and courage]
jj & kk

Kristin said...

Stephen, I'm sure you realize the last comment is from Jay. He likes to masquerade as me sometimes. When I find him in my makeup though, I get real mad.

My Life as a DM Copywriting "Expert" said...

Hey Jay!

100 time was 12 something. Seems I've lost a couple seconds since college.

No major muscle pulls. Just a sore Achillies.

FYI: I had never even picked up a hammer before that night. 2 of my 3 throws were no good. Got 3rd with my one good throw!