

Here are a few pictures. Us with the Amis' at Temple Square, Jackson practicing karate, and cute Sam

I just thought I'd blog a little about my day on Tuesday. It started like this. Ok, Sam, let's go clean up the toys in the basement. I mean really clean, like throw things away and organize. Okay mom, I'll help you. What really happened....I cleaned and organized everything while Sam pulled the things out of the bags I was attempting to throw away or give away. "Sam, will you play with this _____", Yes, I will play with it, don't give it away. Okay, but if I don't see you playing with it I am going to give it away. Okay. He promptly drops it to the floor and continues to play with the little squirrel he got in a happy meal 3 years ago. I quietly take toys and throw them in bags when Sam isn't looking.
Now, you may be wondering where Jackson was through all of this. He actually slept through the whole thing-2+ hours! He hasn't slept like that since he was born.
After our clean up, it was lunch time. Sam, let's go to Costco and we can have lunch there. No, I don't want to go, I want to play with Sefia. OK, let's ask dad if it's Ok if you stay and play with Sefia while I go. This is one of the perks of having Stephen at home! After 3 phone calls it is determined that Sam thought Sefia was coming over and Sefia thought Sam was coming over. Jackson is sleeping through all of this so I can't really leave anyway,because he might wake up at any moment. That would put a cramp in Stephen's day.
By now it is 2:00, we have Sefia over and Jackson has woken up, I am on my way to Costco.
The two most important things I am doing there is picking up pictures and finding Glad Press and Seal for Michele. I walk in and find a long line at the picture pick up. Ok, I'll just come back for that. I pick up everything I need, except of course, there is no press and seal after I've assured Michele that my Costco DOES carry it. Ok, check out and go. As I'm at my car with Jackson, and freezing, I realize I have not picked up the pictures...UGH! I can't go back, I must leave, I have to pick up Max from cello at school at 3:30. The rest of the day goes like this.
I pick up Max, I go home until 4:20. I take Max to the orthodontist. I go home until 5:20. I take Syd to play practice-I stay there and come home by 6:15. Syd scarfs down dinner. I take Max and Syd to the church by 6:40, where Max has his Teacher interview with the Bishop. I wait. At 6:55 we all leave and I drop the kids off at piano at 7:00. I finally get home! I scarf down dinner, which has now been sitting out for an hour. I take Jackson and feed him.
You may be wondering where Stephen is during all of this. Thankfully, he is at home with Abby, Sam, and Jackson holding down the fort. As I leave for the 12th time the kids are in the tub and Stephen is balancing Jack on his knee with a book in his hand that I have demanded he read or he cannot go snowboarding. The book? How to get your child to sleep.


3 comments:
Oh my gosh! That picture os Jack made me laugh right out loud. He is so cute. Those cheeks!!!!
ok Cathy you win the funny person of the day award. Stephen go get that girl some chocolate!! Jacks picture made me lol!! Thank you for the trip to Costco in my behalf(partially). And last- can you email me the Temple Square photo? I love it.
You make running around crazy like look cool!! Wish we could be closer to share stories and getting through it secrets. I have not gotten quite that busy yet, but I know it is coming. You are an amazing WOMAN, keep it up.
Post a Comment